Friday, May 5, 2006

Quiet Friday

Well Isabelle is in bed asleep, Lachie's at his mate's place for the night, and Paul's watching the footy in the garage, so I have managed to sneak some time on the computer. Unfortunately no photos have been taken as it has rained here all day and been dark and grey. I have done a bit more on Isabelle's sock, knitted some more on the baby jacket, and started another baby top for a little girl, just in case. I also went to my LYS and bought a kid's pattern book. I was after a doll's clothing book, but she had just sold the last ones. She is reordering some more so I will have a look and hopefully see something that looks okay. I also bought some more Snuggly DK wool in a fair isle and a denim blue for a jumper that I like to make for boys. I have made 2 so far, and they are quick and easy, but this will not be knit up for a few months yet. I think this wet weather is making me tired and not really in the mood for knitting. I can feel my eyes getting tired by about 7:30pm, and it makes knitting a bit hard when you have sore eyes. Maybe if I go to bed earlier I will be able to get up earlier and do some knitting and housework. Well I had better stop rambling on and hope that the weather is better tomorrow for some updated photography. See you all tomorrow, and I hope that all you people going to the Maryland Sheep and Wool Festival in the States have a great time. Wish I could go but its a long long long way away from here in Melbourne. Cannot wait to see all of your purchases and new stuff. Well bye for now.

6 comments:

Samantha said...

I hope the rain goes away for you soon and Mr.Sun shines down. We could use a bit of rain here (Ontario, Canada) so send it this way, okay?

Becky said...

I wish I could go to Maryland Sheep and Wool as well, but it's a long way for me too. I always visit vicariously through the photos they post :-)

ferg said...

Hi Sue, I can't do much to help you speak another lamguage. It's one of my regrets too.
But if you haven't done fan and feather stitch, its a great way to start lace knitting. It's really easy, looks impressive and grows quickly.
Cheers Gillian

ferg said...

Hi Sue, I can't do much to help you speak another lamguage. It's one of my regrets too.
But if you haven't done fan and feather stitch, its a great way to start lace knitting. It's really easy, looks impressive and grows quickly.
Cheers Gillian

Anonymous said...

Your are Excellent. And so is your site! Keep up the good work. Bookmarked.
»

Anonymous said...

Nice idea with this site its better than most of the rubbish I come across.
»