Sunday, July 22, 2012

Cabled Goodness!

I thought it was time that I updated the blog as I have been slacking off a bit about doing updates as busy times set in around here with work and school being back in full force.  First up above is the cabled sweater I have knit for my nephew Felix.  It seems a bit washed out colorwise in this photo but is a much richer brown.
Pattern:  Little Cabled Wrap Sweater from Sublime The Eighth Little Handknit Book 649.
Size:  6-12 months
Yarn:  Dazzle, 2 balls (310 metres each)
Needles:  3.25mm and 4mm and a cable needle

I really enjoyed this pattern and the cables really show up well in this color.  I would knit this pattern again one day as it would be great for winter.  I am hoping on Tuesday that when I give it to Felix that it fits over his head (babies have such large heads for little people dont they).



Next up is the Fisherman's Pullover.  I really absolutely love this pattern and it is so easy to memorise.

Pattern: Fisherman's Pullover from 60 Quick Baby Knits
Yarn:  Dazzle, 2 balls (310 metres each) forest green
Needles:  3.5mm and 4mm and cable needle
Size:  12-18 months

I have really enjoyed each of these knits.  This one might be going to 1 of my nephews in New South Wales so hopefully he might get a bit of wear out of it this winter before it starts to warm up. 

I also started a garter stitch dress for a 12-18 month old to use up some Panda Magnum Soft in a light gray color from the book Just Baby by Rowan.  The pattern is called Swift and is all in garter stitch.  I thought the older size would be good as they dont start walking until around 10 months and up and it uses up more yarn that way.  I have nearly knit up 1 ball already so I am hoping by tonight to be up to the armhole shaping.  I have some other projects that have been sewn up but need buttons attached so they will be posted on here shortly. 

Paul is away for a week and a half doing some more work up bush, Lachlan has started his uni course, Isabelle has gone back to school and I have returned to my job too so things are a bit rushed at the moment but all good. 

I have been doing a bit of knitting whilst watching podcasts which is great, just like watching tv but it is about knitting.  After a while they seem like friends who pop by to visit.  I am hoping to hop onto a google VKN where you can actually sit down in front of the camera, knit and chat to lots of other knitters around the world.  I hopped on one a few weeks ago but didnt really enter into the conversation as I was a bit late.  Anyway that is it for now, have to get some ironing done and put the roast chicken on for dinner soon. 

Hope you all have a very lovely week!

10 comments:

Lynne said...

They are both lovely jumpers with such neat cables.

Unknown said...

Beautiful sweaters!!

Unknown said...

The cabled sweaters are very nice!

2paw said...

The jumpers are just great, I love the cables and patterns, and the green one is my favourite!! Sounds like you are all rally busy, but enjoying the activity. It's been the perfect roast chook weather lately.

Gillian said...

And I hope you have a lovely week too. The podcasts sound great. It is wonderful to watch something so engaging.
Cheers Gillian

karen said...

both sweaters turned out lovely :) I bet the dress turns out great as well!

Karyn said...

The jumpers look great. I do love the Sublime books; they have such lovely things in them for kids (and adults).
Good luck with the dress. I have only just this morning found a knitted dress that was made when i was pregnant with my first child. needless to say, with two boys, it was never worn!

Ann said...

Lovely jumpers.

Amanda said...

Beautiful cable work!

craftroom said...

You have became an expert in kids' knitting (or should I say - baby knitting). I've been out of blogging for so long and have to catch up!