Monday, January 15, 2007

Sock Yarn Galore

Look at all the lovely sock yarn that I bought from Katt. Isnt it all beautiful, and I am sure I will be able to knit it all into lots of lovely pairs of socks. I have been using my ball winder that Paul bought me for Christmas, and Isabelle is quite handy at winding the handle and holding the tension for me. I just get to hold the skein and make sure that it all winds up nicely.
  • Seashells - This is the yellow colorway, and I absolutley love it. Isabelle said it is for her, but I dont think so. Maybe I will buy her some more next time.
  • Rosebud - I think this is the name for this one. I have misplaced the label for it, so if I am wrong please check out Katt's website for more details. I do have another colorway too, which is watermelon and is pinks, reds and greens all together.
  • The blue colorway is Stormy Seas and I love this colorway too, just beautiful.
  • Lastly, but not least is Waterlillies. This is a lovely purple and green colorway, and this is for my mum's birthday present which is on Sunday. She loves purple, so this should be just gorgeous for a pair of socks for her. I taught her how to knit socks last year, and she did quite well at it.

They are all 100 gm balls, which is just perfect. Now all I need to do is find a pattern that suits each colorway, and I will be able to knit up some socks. I think I will try and mix them in with the colorways for each month of Project Spectrum too. Lachlan's birthday is tomorrow so I will be busy, taking him to see a movie, and then out for dinner. We are having a family BBQ on Saturday for Lachlan, and mum too (joint party) so it should be a nice relaxed afternoon.

7 comments:

Karen said...

The yellow is my favorite too. But, they are all very pretty.

Taphophile said...

The yarn is lovely and so well wound :). No need for a yarn swift when you have willing hands.

Katt said...

So glad you like my wool ;) You know where to come to get some more! lol

Cant wait to see it all wound up!

Hope your mum likes the one for her

(and yes you got all the names right! lol)

Katt

Katt said...

all knitted up even!! lol

got distracted! lol

Katt

PlumStitches said...

The colors are gorgeous - can't wait to see the socks!

tiennie said...

Yay! Love sock yarn. Pretty too!

Melly said...

ooooh they are lovely colours! I cant wait to see what you create!