Friday, April 27, 2007

Special Family Knits

I have finally received the Debbie Bliss Special Family Knits book from the Wool Shack. It is a beautiful book with patterns for the whole family, including hats, a scarf, a bag, socks, and lots of cardigans and jumpers too. On the left is one of my favourites, being the Patchwork Aran Jacket. It goes up to 117cm so it will fit me. I love it but it will have to wait as it does use quite a bit of yarn.

I am going to make the Striped Cardigan too for Isabelle, and this one looks nice and simple, and I already have some cotton I can use so I may start it very soon. I also love the pattern on the front cover which is pictured below, the Jacket with Ribbed Yoke. I looove this pattern, so simple yet stylish at the same time. Isabelle could wear this with a nice dress in the springtime, so all I have to do is decide which color to make it in. Perhaps a blue would be nice or a green. Oh I will decide later on when I start it. There is also a lovely zippered jacket which would be great to make for Lachlan, and a hooded guernsey which I could knit for my cousin's grandchild too. So many great patterns, and I want to make them all, I honestly do. I think this book is full of wonderful wonderful patterns. The Wool Shack actually has better photos of the patterns on their website, so if you like pop on over and have a look. By the way, thank you for the lovely comments on Isabelle's jacket, and for all your lovely thoughts and wishes for my health too. It must have worked because since Monday I have felt great, actually the best I have felt in a long time so hopefully that is the end of it for quite a while. Your thoughts made me feel so cared for too, so it is nice to have such lovely friends who can make you feel better just through a comment or an email too. I appreciate them all so much. Well that is it for now as I have some embroidery to do on a little cardigan, and hopefully I can show you all tomorrow.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you're feeling better, Sue. That book looks very good indeed.

joyce said...

Nice to hear you're feeling better...I have tons I want to knit too...