Thursday, June 14, 2007

New Projects - 1, 2 & 3

First up we have the Gingham Jacket from one of the DB books, which I will check for later. This is for Isabelle, and I am not knitting it in 3 colors, just 2. I am hoping that the fronts dont take too long to knit because as soon as they are done I can fly by with the rest of the knitting on it. Isabelle picked this one out after we saw it on a post in one of the Knitty sections. It looked so cute, so this will fit her for the winter months.


Secondly, another cardigan for Isabelle. This is from the Bouton d'Or book, pattern 45 I think. I will have to check that too. This is just alternate rows of st st and garter st, so quite easy and it feels so nice. I am knitting it out of some yarn from Spotlight, the merino blend which knits up so lovely. I am glad I bought it in a few different colors too.

Thirdly the jacket from Cotton Knits for All Seasons. I am using 8 ply wool and knitting the 2-3 yr size and knitting it a lot longer in the length for Isabelle. I changed the bottom edging on it too, but will show you all when I get nearer to completing it. Isabelle has sadly outgrown all her winter handknits that I made her so she needs them replenished, so I thought I would knit them all at the same time, and stop boredom from settting in too. Tomorrow I will show the other UFO's and a hat and scarf that I finished up too. I have Lachlan home sick with a horrible cough and sore throat at the moment, and I am sure it is the same thing that Isabelle has, but she doesnt want to stay home. I will try and email everyone back who has left such wonderful comments for me, and you are all so lovely for doing so, it does make my day reading them and appreciating them too. Happy knitting!!

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

What lovely WIPs! Isabelle is a very lucky girl to have all these gorgeous knits in her wardrobe.

Kate said...

That Gingham Jacket looks gorgeous - love the colours you are using!

Anonymous said...

Oh, I love green and white. Goodness you have been very busy lately!

Anonymous said...

Oh, that's a couple of real goodies you have on the needles right now - looking forward to seeing more progress pics!

Ingrid Hendy said...

It's neat that Isabelle can pick out patterns and she gets them made to order. looking forward to the FOs

Laura B said...

Those are some good looking projects! I like the gingham jacket in two colors!

Sue H said...

I love all your baby and kid knits. You are doing well.

Did you know there is going to be a S'n'B meeting in Gisborne on Sunday?
This is from the Melbourne S'n'B Yahoo group if you are interested.

Knitters of the Melton, Sunbury, Kyneton area and beyond: we are having in
inaugural meeting this Sunday at

Roomba's 30 Aitken St, Gisborne Vic 3437
They have coffee, cake and wine for the adventurous and there is a lounge
area which sounds like it will suit us perfectly. I'll be there at 2.00pm
with my knitting and some books so please don't leave me sitting there on
my lonesome!
Cheers
Marie

Sandra said...

OMG, all that for Isabelle? Lucky girl! You are such wonderful Mom!

Unknown said...

Wow, you are charging along, I love that gingham jacket and shockingly don't have that book in my enormous library of knitting books! I am replenishing children's wardrobes at the moment too, the great thing about kids knits is the speed at which they are completed, so satisfying, although my son is suddenly beginning to seem very big, he will be 8 this summer, hmm, chunky wool only I think.

Unknown said...

Ooops, meant to add:

Thank you for your kind words on my recent post and I feel a little better already, somehow just owning up to feeling down seems to help make it feel less overwhelming.

Anonymous said...

Oh, wow! You have such lovely finished objects. The quilt and the pink cardi are just beautiful.

And now you have 3 more pretty knits on the go. Thanks for refreshing my memory about the jacket from Cotton Knits for All Seasons. I am planning some winter sweaters for my crew and I had forgot about how much I liked that one.

Karen said...

What wonderful sweaters Isabella is going to have in her wardrobe. The green/white one is adorable!

monica said...

Isabells is going to be the best dressed little girl this winter. She has made great choices, they are all adorable.

PlumStitches said...

Can't wait to see them finished, Isabelle is a lucky girl! The little cables on the last one are really sweet.

Anonymous said...

Love all of these, esp the Bouton D'or one!