Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Monkey & Kitty and a new book too!!
















Look at what arrived this morning at my house. Monkey and Kitty which I had ordered from Clair of Missy Muh. Arent they just adorable. I love their little faces and their little pot bellies too. Isabelle is already in love with the kitty and the monkey now has a permanent position next to the computer on my desk. I am sure tonight will be spent trying to think of a suitable name for each of them. Thank you Clair for making such cute animals! She is so talented and you must go take a peek at her blog if you havent already!














Oh and my third book arrived the next day that I was waiting on. I absolutely love all the cute and adorable patterns in this book by Lois Daykin. It is a must if you need to knit for little ones as a gift or if your lucky enough, your own baby. I love the teddy suit on the front cover, and there are lots of other wonderful knits too. I am going to try and knit up a hat from this book today, but more on that later.

I really love this little cardigan, and I wish it was big enough to knit for Isabelle. I am going to make it for my cousin's daughter, the one who was born about 2 months ago now. Shame on me for getting behind on knitting gifts. It seems just as I catch up someone else is having a baby. Must be the year for it I guess. I am sure that this little cardigan will be a delight to knit, and perhaps if I figure out the pattern I might be able to upsize it to fit my daughter too. I am still knitting away on the socks, and am on the gusset of the 2nd sock, so I am going to continue on that tonight and hopefully I will have a pair to photograph for you all soon. Happy knitting and have a wonderful wonderful day!

13 comments:

Jade said...

Hi! Thanks for popping by my blog and commenting! I see you've recently got the Softies book.....have you made anything from it yet? And how would you rate it? I love your crochet softies! :-)

Christina said...

What a beautiful sweater. That book has some really nice girl patterns.

Corrie said...

Sue I must have that book! I must I must I must! you are so naughty for showing me but hubby is in the states so I think I better shoot off an email now!

my friend reminded me today of how special baby knitting is...I made a pink hoodie for her daughter's 1st birthday and they are still talking about it 6 months later!

Corrie:)

PlumStitches said...

The cardigan is really sweet - can't wait to see how your's turns out. The monkey and kitty are very sweet too.

jessica said...

You always seem to fing the most wonderful books! the pic on the cover is adorable! can't wait to see sock pictures!

Steffi said...

Thank you for stopping in my blog !Your Monkey and your Kitty looks so cute!I love it!You are really creative.Unfortunately I can knit only a scarf.Great job!

Mandy said...

The wrap-around cardigan is very cute! That book looks like a good one for kids knits!

Sandra said...

That baby cardigan rules! Simply amazing!!!!!

Gillian said...

I love kitty and monkey.A friend has just had another baby so maybe I should get knitting for her. I've never done baby clothes! That cardi would be a lovely start.
Cheers Gillian

Austysmum said...

How cute is that teddy suit! I have a pattern for a similar teddy sleeping bag that I have made twice before as newborn gifts and they were very well received. I like the stitch pattern on the suit though - a bit more interesting than plain stocking stich. I also have made a baby jumpsuit (that still needs a zip, but it's pink and I had a boy so it's in the long time WIP box) that has a similar stitch pattern... hmmm, perhaps I should combine the patterns into something like that next time. Gorgeous. Have fun with it. The cardigan yu want to knit is adorable too.

Anonymous said...

mabel looks gorgeous! i put the yo yo and button on to hide all the stitches you need to securely get that tail attatched!

thank you for making her! x

louise

Sharon said...

Kitty and Monkey are just way too cute! I love knitted toys.

Thanks for stopping by my blog and saying hi :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Sue,
That Lois Daykin cardi is gorgeous. What size does it go up to?
Cheers, Kirsty