Friday, December 7, 2007

Sweet Pea


This is all the knitting I have done for the last 2 weeks, and last night I finished it.
Pattern: Sweet Pea from Sublime DK Book 607.
Size: 71cms
Yarn: Sublime Merino DK, 7 balls of cherry red, and Zara 1 and a half balls of dark purple.
Flower: A small bit of light blue Zara yarn.
Started: End of November, finished 7th December 2007.
I really enjoyed knitting this (apart from the ribbing on the collar) which seemed to take FOREVER! I cheated with the flower instead of knitting an i-cord I just used a french knitter (is that what they are called) and did the cord that way, much easier.
Overall I am quite happy with this sweater and I do hope to take some pictures of Isabelle wearing it too to show you how it fits.
Apart from the knitting I seem to be busy all the time. On Wednesday night we had Isabelle's christmas concert which was great fun, and they got the parents up to dance too.
Today we had sports day - Isabelle got 1st in high jump and the 60m sprint which was fantastic. It seems for the rest of the weekends until Christmas we have something on every weekend so I have had to write a list so I remember everything we need to do. I only need to knit a hat for my aunt for Christmas, a last minute decision. I am still knitting away on my sister's sweater although it is only ribbing at the moment so boring pictures I am afraid. I really want to try and knit something for a few little ones that I have some small presents for so I will see how I go with them. I hope everyone gets a chance to relax before Christmas and I will try and post Isabelle's pictures before then. Happy knitting!

16 comments:

Kate said...

It looks lovely. I'm waiting on some Sublime I've ordered - I can't wait - it looks gorgeous.

Dipsy Doodle said...

Oh, this is so very beautiful - what a pretty colour! I'm looking forward to seeing Isabelle modeling it!

Anonymous said...

Sweet Pea looks very sweat, I love your colour combination.
Well done Isabelle!

Rhonda said...

Sweet Pea is beautiful. I love the colours.

PlumStitches said...

very sweet - I love the colors and the little flower too!

opportunityknits said...

Another sweet little cardi. You do knit the best baby and kiddie sweaters.

Anonymous said...

Love sweetpea! looks gorgeous!! love the colours. Yeah I call it knitting nancy insted of french knitting I think..LOL

Man I would give anything to knit something bigger then a toy body right now! lol

Katt

Unknown said...

Sweetpea looks so cute! Love the colours you have chosen - spunky!

Sandra said...

totally adorable! In love with Pea!

jessica said...

I gasp everytime I look at your blog, such beautiful knits! Love the colors and can't wait to see pics of Isabelle in it!!

tiennieknits said...

This is so sweet!

Congrats to Isabelle!

Anonymous said...

Very, very cute!!! I am sure it will look stunning on!!! It is a very busy time isn't it - but a beautiful time as well - i just LOVE chirstmas!!

f. pea said...

that is adorable!

amanda said...

What a beautiful little sweater! I especially love the contrast stitching.

Sam said...

This is adorable! I love the little details.

Unknown said...

This is a beautiful cardigan, the finishing details are perfect.