Thursday, November 13, 2008

No Sheep For You No. 5 Swap



On ravelry they have many groups that run swaps for different things. I have joined in a few and they are always fun (unless your parcel is lost) which hasnt happened to me as yet. I do hope my swap parcel receives her parcel soon or I will be a little bit worried. My swap partner was Janet and she sent me a nice present all contained in the little bag pictured at the top. I received some lovely green tea which is supposed to be refreshing. Perhaps I need a cup today with this hot weather we are having. I also received 2 knitted dishcloths, a bar of spearmint soap which smells so good, and a beautiful scarf which she knit using some Debbie Bliss silk yarn. It is quite beautiful and I dont think I could master knitting that. Isabelle spied the scarf too and had to try it on straight away declaring how beautiful and soft it was. I did explain that she was not to sneak it out of my room and wear it. Thankfully the weather has been too hot for her to want to wear a scarf so I think I am safe. Thankyou Janet for your lovely parcel. Now back to knitting that second green sock that has been sitting there for months.

12 comments:

Charity said...

Sounds like a fun swap! :0)

Katherine said...

What a beautiful package! The scarf is fantastic - I haven't seen that one before. And I love the colors she used. Ravelry has me sucked into a few swaps too - I can't help it. : )

Amanda said...

Lovely package. Good luck with the second sock!

Unknown said...

great package!
I can see Isabelle wearing that scarf!

Anonymous said...

How lovely is that scarf!!! Great package - it has seemed like a great swap so far!

amanda j said...

I can see I would have to hide that scarf too! It's beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your wonderful package!

Anonymous said...

Oooh what a lovely swap haul! I am impatiently waiting for mine. I really hope it's not lost, or sent back to the sender --that happened to me twice!
I really hope you can come to the Gisborne meet next time! I am hoping to go again it is so much fun and that iced mocha I order at Roombas is wicked!

Anonymous said...

Great swap, I am sure you could knit a scarf like it. You know Isabelle wants one.

Ann said...

Lovely gifts. I have the same problem with my girls who are always running off with my knits.

Mr Puffy's Knitting Blog: said...

What a wonderful swap package! I hope your's arrives at it's destination soon - I know what a worry that is.

I'm totally loving that scarf - it will look fabulous as an accessory with a Summery outfit :)

I enjoy green tea ocassionally in the morning. I think it's a bit of an acquired taste.

PlumStitches said...

what a great package! the scarf looks lovely.