Sunday, November 9, 2008

Some Reading

The Free Range Knitter - very funny and full of stories in the Yarn Harlot's sense of humour which makes me laugh. Similar to her first novel with the same sort of cover. I read it over a few nights and loved it. Definately a must read.
A Fine Fleece - really beautiful patterns, a lot of cabled ones which I adore and can see putting on my to knit list (which must be miles long by now). I would definately recommend this book to anyone who loves those sorts of patterns. I am definately going to add some to my ravelry queue too.


On Friday morning I went shopping at Spotlight again. I picked up some Soft Haze for $1.99 a ball. Now I dont normally like fluffy wool as it makes me itch but this feels so soft and beautiful, and the color choices are really nice too. I purchased about 5 colors to knit up some xmas pressies. I will try and remember to post them here so you can take a peek. They also had a few new cottons which were quite nice. They seemed very thin though to knit up on size 4mm needles so I resisted. I seem to have a few cotton projects at the moment that I need to finish up. I cannot believe that Christmas is only 6.5 weeks away. My how this year has flown! Now to just wait for my secret swap pressie to arrive in the mail.

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Jeez thanks for the Christmas reminder! Now I can begin to feel hoplessly behind!

Katherine said...

6.5 weeks away - oh yikes!

Daisy said...

6.5 weeks. Yikes....

Anonymous said...

like you I dont like fuzzy yarn but I got some of that Soft Haze too. it does have some great colours and I am hoping it knits up real nice!

Oooh lets not talk about Chrissie knitting!! I am probably going to end up totally swamped from now til Chrissie! sigh

Ann said...

Thanks for the books review. I also have a copy of Fine Fleece. I am taking a break from Christmas knitting this year - thank goodness.

Anonymous said...

6 and a half weeks!!!! Gonna pretend I didn't hear that!

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your new books!

Lynne said...

Hmm! Something to add to the Christmas wish list! Thanks!!

amanda j said...

I like the soft haze and planned to make a Wicked or something similar out of it. Then Purl told me I would look like Grover!

Oiyi said...

What 6.5 weeks away?! I am so in trouble!

I have been wondering about that book, A Fine Fleece. Good to hear that you like it.