Sunday, March 1, 2009

30 Year School Reunion

Yesterday was the 30 year reunion for some of my friends and I. We attended this school in 1981. I think that photo is very blurry for some reason. It was a great day and some people I hadnt seen since leaving school back then. The girl next to me is Lauren who lived down the road from me. We have known each other since we were 6 years old and still keep in contact.
Michael, Lauren, Tony (back), me and Sharon. There were over 100 people there. We ended up going to a venue afterwards and having a great time catching up.

There were photos taken of everyone who started school in the same year. This was 1981 when I started. It was great to see so many people there. There were also quite a few who turned up later at the venue who hadnt turned up at the school. About 8 of those people in this photo I went to primary school with too. I had a wonderful time and picked the kids up from mum's about 10:00. They were so ready to go home and go to sleep. Paul was in Daylesford attending a 40th birthday so he couldnt come with me, but having a sort of girls' night was great. I dont think I have done that since I was in my 20's.
Thanks for all your words of support too about the financial problems. It was nice to forget about it for one night. We will find out more in the next 4 weeks. We have a few forms we need to fill out and a few things to get in order too.
Now to get some housework done before Paul arrives home. I feel as though I have a cold coming on as I was outside in the beer garden last night without a jacket and I can feel it in my ribs. I cant believe how cold it is this morning either, with us having to turn the heater on to warm up. Lachlan has now caught Isabelle's head cold, and in answer to Lynn's question, Isabelle is back to her usual self which is great. She is just waiting for daddy to return now. I am hoping by Tuesday that we are much better as it is going to be another hot horrible day in the high 30's.

5 comments:

Sandra said...

Reunion! I've never been!!!!! Sigh!
Great you had great time!

Gillian said...

What a wonderful time you had.
Cheers Gillian

Lynne said...

Sounds like a good time was had by all.

Good to hear that Isabelle is back to normal - hello, beautiful laughter!

PlumStitches said...

my high school reunion was last year - it was fun to see so many people that I hadn't seen in years. glad to hear you had a girls' night out, you need those every once in awhile!

Jodie said...

Great pics Sue!!! It sounds like you had a ball catching up with old friends.... Great news about Isabelle, hope Lachlan gets over the cold soon...

Take Care
Jodie :)