Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Day 27 ....



are the flowers for the Little Petal Cardigan I have been knitting. It was put aside after I finished the first sleeve but 2 nights ago I pulled it out to do the flowers, wondering how they were made. They were so easy I finished 12 in one night, and then last night I finished the other 4 (that's right 16) of them. Very easy to do, just cast on 66 stitches, k1, cast off 9, k1 (so you have 2 in that spot), cast off 9 and continue until end where you end up with 1 st (12 sts in all) and you just put the thread through the stitches and you have a flower. I think you could add them to hats and there is a hat in this sublime book too so maybe I will knit one up. I only have half a sleeve to knit and then I can sew it up and gift it. Then I must finish Isabelle's top which is turning out just lovely and then it will be time for me to finish my sister's xmas present. I really will try and finish that so I can take a picture too. Large needles and thick yarn should equal a quick knit as it is already half knitted. Okay off to wash my floors ...

10 comments:

Sandra said...

I love flowers of any kind! Adorable!

Unknown said...

Hi Sue , love those little flowers , such a good colour too !

Beck said...

Don't the flowers look lovely on the white background? So pretty and almost like real flowers. Thanks for the flower recipe (!) you know what I mean! Hope you get outside and don't wash floors all day! xo

Anonymous said...

those little flowers look gorgeous! and would look very cute on a little hat.

cant wait to see the Little Petal Cardigan you are making!!

Lynne said...

Busy little bee among all those flowers, aren't you?

Kate said...

They are gorgeous little purple flowers Sue. Can't wait to see them sewn on.

Unknown said...

I love those little purple flowers!

Miss Prudence said...

gorgeous sue! can't wait to see full assembly!
Hope you are well and happy....you have been so busy lately!!!!

Julie said...

Very cute flowers, just sent the link to my Mum, she'd like the too and she's the knitter.

Marina said...

I adore those little flowers and wish I could knit!