Wednesday, January 13, 2010

A Yarn Swift

Anyone know where to buy a yarn swift in Australia.  I really need one as I am so sick of trying to wind those sock yarns into yarn cakes and Isabelle has become sick of winding them.  Any advice would be greatly appreciated as I have tried Yarns Online and the Wool Shack and they are both out of stock!  I would like to get one by the end of next week so I can finish winding all those beautiful skeins up!  I dont really know who else sells them here so if you can help out that would be great.
Thanks to everyone for their wonderful advice.  I took Miss Fee's advice and ordered one from Petlins.  I think I will be winding a lot of skeins in February, lol!

6 comments:

Amanda said...

Sorry I can't help. I got mine from Yarns Online and had to wait a couple of months before they had them in stock again.:(

missfee said...

Petlins is really good - I got the ashford timber one there last year or there is a thread in the australian group on Ravlery on where to get one from or how to make one too

Stephanie said...

You can find them on Amazon.com here is a link for a medium one, hopw that helps. http://www.amazon.com/Wooden-Swift-Yarn-Winder-Medium/dp/B000IG1I8O/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=home-garden&qid=1263413738&sr=8-1

I want one too!

Kylie said...

I know you can order them through Kelly at Tangled Yarns in Brisbane and Morris and Sons have also stocked them in the past. Good luck:)

Andrea said...

Isn't that what Paul is for?! I bribed Felix into holding my skeins for a few years, but now (I'm ashamed to admit) I use a standard lamp to hold it!

Mind you, I'd kill my own parents for a decent wooden swift...

Lynne said...

Is Puul a handy man? WM made mine (and one for my mother) - we could scan the pattern and send it to you if you like.