Monday, March 29, 2010

Autumn Sock Club

At the beginning of the year I decided I was going to join a sock club to see how wonderful they were and to enjoy some spoils during the year.  Well today the postie delivered my first parcel for the autumn sock club being run by lushyarn.com.  Oh my goodness what nice goodies.  The sock yarn is called Heartfelt and is lots of lovely dark reds all mixed together.  The photo looks a bit dark as we had lots of rain today so it doesnt do it justice!  In the parcel was a great pattern called the Puddle Socks which I am pretty sure you can purchase from their website.  Last but not least was the cute little tape measure which is just so adorable!  I will have to hide it though as Isabelle has her eye on it (and it may end up under her bed as I discovered the other day she is a bit like a little magpie taking my pretty things and putting them there for her to admire and keep).  I did give her the fruit lollies though so she left the tape measure alone!!  Tomorrow may be spent winding up the skein of yarn and starting some socks I think.  I did start another pair on the weekend too so I am hoping I can finish 2 pairs by the end of April and I shall be up-to-date with my pairs so far!

Thank you too for the pear love!  I sent off my swap pal's one today so I do hope they like it when they receive it.  My daughter suggested that I make some more for my blogiversary next month to give away and I might just take her up on that idea.  What do you think, sound good.  Let me know okay so then I can get organised.   It seems since I sewed up those pears that my sewing machine has been made to feel loved again as I hadnt touched it since xmas.  Today I whipped up a water bottle holder which was so easy to make and my water bottle is a perfect fit.  I also made some juggle balls for Isabelle which were quick and easy too and then a little purse for Isabelle that she had been wanting me to make.  Tomorrow will be spent making an art smock for Isabelle tracing her old one and making it to fit a size 12.  Unfortunately whilst trying to buy one earlier in the year they sadly only went up to size 10 and were not vey nice colors.  Her last one was handmade from a mum from kindergarten who sold them in beautiful fabrics so now I am going to use that one to make the new one.  We went to Spotlight today to pick out some fabric which is nice and bright and should be perfect for the art smock.  I also spied Spotlight's new cashmere blend yarns which beautiful and the colors are nice.  Some are rustic colors which I love but at $7 a ball I didnt grab any this time.  Maybe to knit up a hat or two or a scarf in future!  It seems they are putting all their new yarns in at the moment and clearing the old ones out.  Should be interesting to see what else they put in their store.  I shall put pictures up tomorrow or Wednesday when I complete the art smock (successfully hopefully) and I will show the other items too.  Okay off to bed for now, catch you later on.

9 comments:

Thimbleanna said...

Oooh, what a beautiful sock package! That tape measure alone would make it all worth it! And your pears are fabulous too -- I think they'd make a perfect giveaway!

Kate said...

I've never heard about sock clubs before, sounds like fun. Looking forward to seeing the socks you knit up from that gorgeous yarn.
I always feel that the more I use my machine the more I want to use it too. Have fun with the smock.

Oiyi said...

Yarn Clubs are so much fun. You got a very nice delivery!

2paw said...

The sock club wool looks great, sadly I could only ever be in a green sock club and they are few and far between!!
I shall have to pop into The Black Spot of Doomlight and check out their new wool.
Yes, you should definitely give away a pear!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ann said...

Gorgeous yarn. The best part of joining a club is opening the package. You are great in sewing & I will love to win one of your pears if you offered them for your blogiversary.

Lynne said...

Marie from Lush Yarns comes to our Knitters' Guild sometimes; she attended the sock workshop which I tutored last year. She's a lovely person and her yarns are gorgeous.

Clearing yarns at Spotlight? Must take a look! Thanks for the heads up.

Jodie said...

Wow, this sock club looks great!!! Looking forward to seeing some of the other yarns you receive along the way...

Hugs - Jodie :)

Bev C said...

Good luck with the sock knitting,love the yard you have chosen. Happy days.
Bev.

Unknown said...

Hey Sue - thanks for your comment. I would say ... no. The book doesn't have any more complex patterns in it. The hood and the cables are about as complicated as it gets. I would say there might be more challenging books out there - I'll let you know if I find a really good one.

I need to join a sock club! I have yet to knit a sock ....