Tuesday, July 20, 2010

2010 - FO No. 18 and 19

Pattern:  Cabled Beret from Farmyard Girls and Tractor Boys
Size:  largest (12-13 years)
Needle Size: 4mm and 5mm
Yarn:  Sirdar Aran Supersoft, variegated pinks (1 ball)
Started: 16th July and finished 17th July 2010

This pattern took quite a while to knit up but after finishing it I think I should have knit it in a smaller size.  Isabelle will grow into it though!

Started: 19th July 2010 and finished same day!
Yarn:  Lincraft Cosy in aqua, and aqua/black variegated (1 ball of each) used together
Hook: 7mm and 4mm

This photo appears to be a bit blurry for some reason.  This is my very first crocheted hat finished!  Yay, let's do a happy dance!!  This was after 2 attempts that didnt work out.  I am now crocheting a red one which is on its 2nd attempt.  The flower wasnt too hard to do. The pattern is one of Corrie's that she has been sharing with people on her blog over the last few days.  Thank you Corrie for doing a pattern that I can actually attempt and complete, although it doesnt look as pretty as the ones Corrie sells at her market.  Okay off to finish the red hat in the cold winter weather, thank goodness I am sitting inside since it is freezing outside!

14 comments:

2paw said...

It takes longer than a day to knit a hat so I think you are doing really well!!! Crocheting is the new knitting!!!! Well done.

bec said...

Noice! That looks like it will fit my head, maybe I need to order one off you! It has my 2 big fears- cables and (i'm guessing) circular needles. Looks great!

Thimbleanna said...

Does this mean you prefer to knit instead of crochet? They both look great! Enjoy that cold weather for us that are baking. And we'll try enjoy the heat for you too! ;-)

melissa said...

very cute hats - and an even cuter model! (and congratulations on a fantastic first crocheted hat)

Noey D. said...

Cute! and Isabelle looks so grown up!

Lee said...

Wow those are both beautiful.
The crochet hat was your first attempt at it and it turned out great. I guess I should learn how to crochet.

Jolanda said...

Hi Sue,

I like you hats. It's beautiful :DDDDD
B.Rgds.
Jolanda

Amanda said...

Great hats!

Anonymous said...

wow, one day hats! great work, they look terrific!

Yarny Days said...

Nice, super cute hats!

Ann said...

Lovely hats. Your 1st crochet project looks great. I crocheted a bag for my 1st project but recently have not done any crochet.

Corrie said...

looks great! so glad you liked my pattern! I really try to make it read easily and no abbreviations which aren't good for beginners :)

corrie:)

Oiyi said...

They both look cute on her.

Michele Saunders said...

Very cute hats! They look lovely on Isabelle.