Thursday, December 9, 2010

Another Book To The List!

Middlefield Pullover

Groveland Satchel

Fairfield Sweater

Brattleboro Hat

Greenfield Cardigan

Montague Bulky Lace Vest

Windsor Warmer
Today at knitting group we had the pleasure of seeing some new knitting books!  This one, New England Knits,  intriuged me as one of the other ladies is going to knit one of the cardigans in it for her niece.  I thought I would have a browse and after loving nearly every pattern in it I decided to borrow it.  I came home and checked on some books sites and ended up using some credits and a bit of cash to buy my very own copy.  I have to say that I love just about every pattern in this book and have plans to knit a hoodie from it for my sister too.  I havent shown you all the faves as the photos were just taking so long to load up for some reason.  This book seems to have a great range of sizes in it and some beautiful designs also.  I am hoping that next year will be more about adult knits rather than nearly all kids knits as the baby basket is starting to get full so I will start emptying it a bit before I decide on any new ones unless I have a special request from my SIL for my nephews.  She loved the little knitted sweaters by the way so I am very happy!  Okay off to read and put a few faves on ravelry.

12 comments:

2paw said...

I have seen these patterns around and they are lovely. I think I noticed the hat, being green!! Isn't it nice when you find a book and it is full of patterns that you love?? I shall look forward to your 2011 grown up knitting!!

Rose Red said...

It's a great book isn't it - I bought it just for the Greenfield cardi, but there are a bunch of others I'd make too!

Oiyi said...

It's a awesome book! I picked up a copy 3 weeks ago when one of the big chain book stores was offering a 1 day 50% off coupon. Score!

Kate said...

Nice patterns - might have to go on the wish list.

Aussie Maria said...

Love the vest, so many pretty patterns

Thimbleanna said...

Some of those things look really nice! Thanks for the tip -- I usually get a gift certificate at Christmas -- I'll have to check it out!

Ann said...

Great choice. I have seen a copy too & have it on my wish list.

Daisy said...

I've been admiring that book too!

Lisa said...

Hi Sue! I totally agree - this book is FANTASTIC! Planning on picking on up soon!

1funkyknitwit said...

This is a lovely book, I quite like that Montague Vest and you can't go past a good cowl ;D

happy knitting

Miss Prudence said...

ooooh i love that satchel - I have been off the radar for a while - I can't believe how many things you have made!

ps lovely to know what you look like now!

Tania said...

Just a TINY bit in love with that Windsor Warmer...