Thursday, April 20, 2006

New Project



Good afternoon everyone. I did have a post this morning to show you, but alas Blogger were doing maintenance and I lost it. So here is another post to show you. This is my next project for Isabelle which I am doing a size bigger for next year possibly. She does not stop growing upwards and she already has enough knits to wear this year. So I went and did my grocery shopping at Aldi's, which is a store which sells cheaper brands of things, and I saw this wool. Acrylic, I know, but it's good for kids, especially when they play outside. I used this same yarn for a jacket that I finished off last year, and it came up so nice and actually soft that I love it. So this one is pink/mauve with a fleck through it. Perfect for Rae out of Junior Knits. I have not made anything from this book as yet, because most call for aran yarn. There is one jacket that calls for 8 ply, but that will wait for another day. I hope to start this one soon, as Jenny is nearly finished. I am up to the colorwork on the yoke, and the rows take quite a while to do. I am onto the second color. Hopefully by tonight I will have it finished, fingers crossed. See you all tomorrow. Have a great day!

1 comment:

Knitcrazy said...

Love this sweater also.. Its on My Too Do List :)

I forget if I made anything for that book???

Penny