Friday, July 28, 2006

Parcels

The postman has been to my door three times this week. I had completely forgotten about one order, but the other two were expected. Apart from my Knitscene mag, I received Lucinda Guy's other knitting book, Handknits for Kids, and then today I received Rowan 39 and Jaegar Handknits 07. Both of the kid's knits books are great, but Rowan was a bit disappointing.


First up is Brill, which is a nice cable knit, and they all go up to sizes 4 to 5 years with a bit of room. This little jumper is so cute, and does not look too hard. Next up is Skate which is on the to do list for Isabelle. It is a hoodie so I will have to make her one, and I have some colors in my stash so I wont have to buy anymore. Always a good thing, the stash reducing plan.












My favourites from Lucinda's book is the Wildflower Sweater, the Monsieur Cat, the Jack Frost Jacket, and the Dinosaur Jumper. They are just so cute. I did have pictures of the Mousie Mousie but I must have deleted them by mistake. They are gorgeous and I will have to make some for presents I think.




And this is the My House blanket which Isabelle seems quite taken with. I do not think I will be making this for a while, even though it only uses 13 balls of 4 ply so it would not be too heavy. The pattern is a bit hard to see in the picture but it is quite nice. She has other adorable knits in the book too, so I recommend if you have small children this is a great book and the Jaegar book has some other nice knits in it too, but if I took a photo of all of them this post would be oh so long. Well thats it for now, must get the armholes done on the back of my cardigan. It is knitting up quite quickly, and sinceI am trying to rest on the couch today I should get some done. My voice was starting to break up today and I was worried I would lose it all together. Maybe if this head cold gets any worse I will be going to see my doctor. I have Isabelle's birthday party next weekend so I want to be better by then. Lachlan is home today too since his managed to catch the same thing as me. I hope that I am better by tomorrow as I trying to decide whether to go to the Stitches and Craft show in Melbourne. I know that they have a few knitting stalls, and lots of great patchwork shops, so if I feel okay maybe I will pop in. I didn't go last year, but I did go the year before and bought some little patterns and kits to sew. Well that is about it for now and I hope that you all have a lovely weekend too!

2 comments:

Corrie said...

oh how cute is that cat, I need to get my hands on a copy of that book - yet another book!!!

Corrie said...

oh I loved monsieur cat so much I just ordered the book on amazon! my husband will kill me if he finds out but how cute is the cat!

my aunty is going to teach me how to do intarsia so then I can do more knits from the book!!!