Thursday, August 31, 2006

Knitting Away

I have been knitting a fair bit lately since I have been feeling better. I started the CPH on Tuesday night, and I am on the 3rd row of the pattern, after knitting 28 rows of ribbing. I am trying not to knit it at night too much, since the wool is so dark. Hopefully I will be able to knit some more on it today after some housework gets done. Lachlan returns to school tomorrow, so I should have some free time in the morning whilst Isabelle is at kindergarten. At least Lachie has finished his project for SOSE which is due in October, and no he did not go to work with Paul because Paul is waiting for his next job to be ready so he is outside cleaning the gutters. Good man that he is. By the way, he liked the comments about his jumper even though I put his face on the screen. Hee hee!

I also started knitting Isabelle's tank top from Barefoot Knits using Cotton Fleece which the pattern calls for. I love this cotton, so smooth and the stitches are defined really well. It actually makes my knitting look so much nicer. This color is Provincial Rose, which Meaghan so kindly ordered in for me. You cannot get this cotton in Australia. I did not even use 1 skein for the back. I am a bit worried about the straps not being long enough though, but I will wait until I finish the front and put them together to see if they need lengthening. I have already cast on for the front so it only takes a few hours a day to knit one piece, so hopefully I will finish this by the weekend. I also want to say a big thank you to Karyn who so kindly ordered me some Cotton Ease in the US, and has posted a picture on her blog so I can see what I am getting. I cannot wait for it to arrive, but like Karyn I think I will have to start hiding mine around the house. The bedroom is starting to look like a plastic container room with all the yarn I have. I hope Paul is at work when it arrives- he sort of freaks out when the postman knocks on the door, even though he loves me knitting. I think the next 10 years will be spent knitting from the stash after this. Well that is it for now, hopefully a picture of the finished tank this weekend, and a bit more progress on the hoodie.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've read so much good things about Cotton Fleece, must knit fervently through my stash before I can get more yarn though.

Noey D. said...

Oooh! I love the tank. I'll have to make that one for Noey.

Anonymous said...

The Cottoc Fleece and the barefoot knit book are a great combination. Isabelle may want you to knit all the stuff in it. Hopefully somebody will start to sell it near you soon.

Gillian said...

Paul's jumper looks really good and the cotton fleece is great. Love the colour. I've not knitted much this week but am back onto it now.
I was hoping we would get some of that rain last night but it passed us by as usual.
Cheers Gillian

knightlyknitter.wordpress.com said...

I love the colour for the tank top - I have been thinking about Barefoot Knits - where did you get it? Did you order over the net? (must drop hints for upcoming b'day!)
And thanks for visiting my blog!!