Saturday, September 2, 2006

Spring Is Here

Tess (photo taken by Isabelle)
Finally we have been having some warmer weather. It has been around 23 degrees for the last 3 days, and no rain in sight. We are now back on water restrictions again, (dont know why we were taken off them) so the washing machine water will be watering the front garden. We desperately need some rain to fill up the water reservoirs since they are very very low. I have been outside trimming back all of the daisy bushes, putting in a few new plants, and weeding the back garden too. Now all we have to do is wait for the plants to grow bigger. I have still not finished Isabelle's tank top as yet, because Paul has been home all week. I try to do things by my normal routine but it is a bit hard when he is home. There was one good thing though, the hot water hose on the washing machine exploded yesterday, so Paul turned the tap off for me, and I had to clean up all the water that went everywhere. Luckily the laundry is tiled up the walls as well so it wasnt too bad. $35.00 later and the washing machine is as good as new. By the way, thank you for all the comments on Paul's jumper. I am so glad that it is finally finished. Paul did not realise I had put his face in the photo, so from now a smile will be in order. I also looked at the Magknits site this morning, and they have some really nice sock patterns in them. The patterns are all different this time, tops, baby sleeping bag, fingerless gloves, and they all nice. I will print out some of the sock patterns as they would be good to do in plain colors. After I finish up a few things I might start another pair. I also started the Trellis baby jacket last night for our neighbour. They are expecting a baby boy in November, and it is their first so I thought I would make it in a nice olive color. Well I had better go and do some housework before Paul comes back from Cheltenham, he was measuring up a job for next week's work. He should be back soon so I better get motivated and turn off the computer for a while. Hope you all have a wonderful weekend, and a great Father's Day tomorrow too!

No comments: