Friday, October 27, 2006

Central Park Hoodie

is finally finished.
Pattern: Central Park Hoodie
Size: 48"
Yarn: Bendigo Woollen Mills yarn - Rustic in Dusty Blue, used about 17 balls.

I sat up last night sewing on the toggle buttons. I did not do any buttonholes, I just pushed the toggle buttons through the bands, and they fitted through perfectly. I was going to crochet some small loops but my skills at crochet have never been any good and I proved it last night. I will have to try it on later and make sure that it fits. It does look on the small side though, so if it doesnt fit me my sister will get to wear a new oversized jacket next Winter won't she. I am so glad that it is now finished, and I dont have any plans to knit another one, too many other things on my "to-do" list. By the way, I could not resist the yarn that Karin sent to me, and have cast on for a new pair of socks - for me. I will take a picture when I have done a bit more of the pattern, and hopefully it will look okay. I have never really knit anything other than ribbed or plain socks, apart from the pink ones I made for Isabelle back in April/May. I am looking forward to knitting these up though, and I will tell you which pattern later on. We have a wedding to attend tomorrow. Paul got an invite a few weeks back, but went out on a boy's night and lost the invite. He called this week to find out when it was on, and of course its tomorrow at 1:00. I love going to weddings, just hate having to think about what to wear to it. It would be good if my tummy was a lot smaller, must try and do those sit ups I keep thinking about. Pity knitting doesnt make you lose weight, I would be a lot skinnier now!

11 comments:

melissa said...

wouldn't it be good if knitting (not walking )made you skinny ..I'd be back to a pre kids svelte size 10 .. ohhhhhhh....to dream perchance .
I love the blue of your hoodie ..is it that vivid in real life. its looks good .

Jo said...

Your hoodie looks great.

Anonymous said...

Knitting does keep you in shape because it stops you from snacking.
Your Hoodie looks fantastic. Hope it fits you well.
Enjoy the wedding.

Anonymous said...

Oh, this hoodie is so absolutely gorgeous! What a great pattern, and the color is perfect too! Great job!

Ingrid Hendy said...

I would be kate moss if knitting made you skinnier!

the hoodie looks very cosy and comfy

alltangledup said...

what a cool looking hoodie and in such a vibrant shade. oh i hate sit-up too...

Anonymous said...

GREAT!

Rhonda said...

Hoodie looks wonderful. I wish knitting made us skinny too. I probably would have a lot more sweaters.

Christina said...

I don't blame you for starting on the socks. Opal yarn is lovely to work with.

Knitcrazy said...

Your Hoodie is Beautiful.. Love the color..
How does it fit ??
penny

http://pennyknits.blogspot.com/

Can you tell me how to post in the hoodie KAL??? I can comment but how did you put your post in???
Thanks
peneloercola@aol.com

Anonymous said...

Very nice hoodie. I love the blue and how the buttons look against the color.