Tuesday, October 17, 2006

What a nice surprise!

Well it is a great start to the day. Karin from Cool Shahs advised me this morning that I had won a ball of Opal sock yarn, and it just happens to be in my favourite colors. How did you know? A very big thank you Karin and I will be sure to post about it when it comes in the mail to me. It was just what I needed to help cheer me up. We have been having a rough time of it lately, not as bad as some people but just enough to get you down for a while, so winning a prize from a wonderful woman is well wonderful. You must pop on over and read her blog too, she knits beautiful beautiful garments for her family. I love reading her blog, and she is in my sidebar too.

Yesterday was a long long day, and the funeral service was very nice, if you can say that, and very sad. Lachlan's friend's family were okay, but at the end of it his friend broke down and it broke my heart. I just wanted to take him home and look after him. His sister and older brother seemed okay, but you never know when people dont show their emotions. I am sure it has hit them just as hard as well. I know his mum would have been so proud of him, and I told him that. He was her favourite so I am sure it is extra hard on him being so much younger too, and he is such a wonderful boy too. I dropped the boys at the cemetary afterwards, since Isabelle had fallen asleep and the other mum was going to be there. I really did not want Isabelle to see that part since she is so young, so she timed her nap at the right time. Lachlan really wanted to go, so he was quite allright when he came back. The cemetary is just around the corner from our street, so it only takes about 5 minutes to walk from there. Apparently they released doves during the burial, and Lachlan said it was nice. His friend is moving back to Melton soon too, so the 3 of them can hang around together like they used too. Lachlan is quite happy about that, and I am too so I can make sure he is okay. It will be good for him to be around his friends too. I think he was really happy that Lachlan and Aaron turned up to be with him. He is a really great kid and needs all the support he can get, but I am sure that he will get through it one day. I also wanted to thank you all for your wonderful and heartfelt comments too, sorry I havent replied to them yet, but yesterday was really draining and busy too, so if you dont hear from me then THANK YOU VERY MUCH! They are all very much appreciated.

Onto a lighter note, Ruby and Daisy are going well too, and Daisy woke me up 3 times during the night last night. I think that Ruby is wearing her out a little bit. She went outside for a little mummy break last night and reappeared about 2 hours later. I think she just needed some rest, but thankfully returned and went back to her box with Ruby, gave her a wash and feed, and then had another sleep. I think the whole family is besotted with Ruby, she is such a cutie. When she is a bit bigger I will try and get some nicer photos of her. It is so hard to photograph her because she is a dark gray color, and then with the flash on she turns out really light colored. My photo skills definately need some redefining and more practice I think. Maybe some black and white photos of her would be better at the moment. I will see how they turn out.

No knitting content today, but I hopefully will be able to do some today as not a stitch was knit yesterday and I was so tired after running around everywhere and then going to South Melbourne to pick Paul up. I felt worn out about 4:00 yesterday and all I did was the housework. I also received two knitting books in the mail yesterday that I had ordered a while ago. One is for Isabelle so I will post about them later in the week. I will also have to take another photo of Isabelle in the dress I made for her during the weekend. The photo did not turn out, another green square appeared afterwards. Note to self - get camera checked.
I hope that you all have a wonderful day with lots of crafty goodness in it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are such great person - your kids must be lucky to have devoted mom - their friends too!

Ruby Girl said...

Sorry to hear about your son's friend, how devastating to have lost both parents and a sister in such a short time in ones life. We visited Bright on the long weekend, just a day trip with our friends from The Rock (NSW), it is beautiful country in that part of Victoria.