Thursday, November 30, 2006

Christmas Is Nearing!

Here are the cute little postcards that I received from one of postcard partners. Soo sent me 3 little Christmas tree postcards, which I think are adorable. She also makes really lovely things, as I checked out her blog as soon as I received them. How nice to receive such nice little pressies in the mail.

Also as promised I finished the dress for my friend's daughter for Christmas.
Pattern: Thinking Dress from Miss Bea's Rainy Day book.
Yarn: Cotton Ease in Turquoise. I only used about 1 and a half balls.
Size: 1 to 2 years.
I sewed a little blue heart on the neckline at the back to fasten the opening. I think it came out rather cute. Pity I never made one for Isabelle, but I did knit her one in denim but with just plain stockinette stitch, and a pink flower appliqued on it. It still hangs in the wardrobe and has only been worn a few times. Maybe I will show it later in the week and see if anybody with a little girl would like it. I think it is about a size 3 to 4 years.

I also finished up my other Christmas knit for my friend's son who is nearly 1 year old. This is George from the Jaeger 29 book. I omitted the pockets, I just dont think it is a good idea to provide hidey holes for food in knitted items, and it might get a bit soggy too, so I think it turned out okay. This is the 1 to 2 year size, and I used Zhivago in an olive color. Nice and soft. Now to pop these into the Christmas present pile to be wrapped, and they are good to go. Happy knitting!

6 comments:

Noey D. said...

Gosh! You're such a prolific knitter!! Both items look great!

Anonymous said...

The dress and sweater are wonderful! I love wee little knits... so adorable.

Ingrid Hendy said...

The dress is definitey cute! Thanks for the hint about pockets....something an inexperienced mum wouldn't know.

Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

That dress is so cute! You did a great job on it.

Anonymous said...

You are on roll! SUch great little knitting! And those postcards are lovelly - gave me an idea for mine!

Anonymous said...

The stripey cardigan is gorgeous. Gosh you have been busy!