I also received this lovely patchwork bag from my mum and dad. I had mentioned it one day whilst we were out shopping together that I really liked it. Of course I thought nothing more of it until it was my birthday and she handed me a large present. She also bought me some really lovely fat quarters too, which will have to be another post when I actually make something from them. I can fit quite a fair bit of knitting in this bag so it is perfect for me to put more than one project in there when I have somewhere to visit.
- No Sheep For You - A wonderful book. I really like the pattern in this one.
- Knitting Calendar 2008 - There are some really cute patterns in this too.
- Twisted Sisters Sock Book - Still deciding on this one. I dont think it is quite my cup of tea, so perhaps it will be a giveaway for someone who really wants it. Any takers please let me know.
- Bend The Rules Sewing - Fabulous book. It is such an easy book to understand with hints and tips everywhere, and beautiful pictures too.
- Knit 4 by Jo Sharp - I really love the cardigans knit out of the Alpaca Silk Georgette in this book. Simple but elegant. As for the sequined yarn patterns probably not my style, but still simple and effective.
Oh and I did manage some knitting whilst Isabelle was lying on the couch watching Charlie and Lola DVD's. I think we have watched all 5 DVD's about them now, but I dont mind them compared to some children's shows on tv. Can you guess what it is. It is the Ribby Cardi by Bonne Marie Burns of Chicknits. I have had this pattern for a long time, but decided to use up some Cotton Ease that I had bought some time ago and thought it would be perfect. It is knitting up so nicely. This is all the progress I have managed though since I started it on Monday afternoon. I am hoping to try and finish the back tonight, fingers crossed. I am sure that I can accomplish quite a bit over the next 2 days as Isabelle wont be going back to school until next week. Her spots are starting to heal. She only had one really nasty one which was in her hair and looked quite horrible. Her fever has now gone after having it for 4 days. She now has the nasty flu like cough that goes along with chickenpox so a few more days rest should make her good as new again. She will only have next week of school to go and then I am sure they are on school holidays. We are thinking of going to see the December Boys or Ratatouille at the movies, and possible catching up with some friends too. I hope you all have a wonderful week without any spots!