So first up some knitting books that I have received recently and I really like too.
The Pleasures of Knitting has some really lovely patterns in it, two of which I would love to knit up.
The Little Box of Knitted Gifts has some cute things in it although nothing out of the ordinary. I do like it though and plan to knit up a few things later on!
The last book is Soft and Simple Knits for Little Ones and it has some cute things in it too, but I will show some favourites from it another day.
Now onto the knitting, as I have been promising a few WIP shots.
- The Pink Flower Cardigan which is a little bit hard to photograph. This is one repeat so far (why did I choose bobbles). It will be a bit of time before it is finished.
2. The DB Baby Cabled Hoodie which I cast on for last year and still have not finished. I really love all the little cables in it but it is time consuming. The color is actually a darker red, but you know my camera it always changes colors on reds and blues for some reason.
3. The Fog Sweater - this is coming along nicely and I have already finished the back and cast on for the front. Yes, I am not knitting in the round and I dont mind seaming so I cant wait to finish this one.
4. Trellis - yes well I started this last year too and only have half the back finished so far. Whilst photographing my stash I found the rest of the cotton for it so I do plan on finishing this one too.
5. Vintage Car Coat - I started this one last week and it is so fun to knit. More on that later.
6. Pink Socks - nothing fancy, just plain 64 sts socks in one of Katt's yarns but I will have to look up the color since the label is now missing. I have completed half a sock so I should take some time to finish it up.
7. Buzy Lizzie - I looove this pattern! It is so cute. I have started the left front, and finished the back last year some time. This will have to be completed soon too so I can cross it off the list.
8. Jethro Jacket - Yes this is still sitting in the UFO basket but recently I found it again and felt like knitting some of it. I will need to get motivated to knit this in the cooler weather though as it is quite warm and the weather has been hot and humid here.
9. Duffle Coat - yes after ripping out the first version because I had 2 different dye lots, I cast on for another color and that is all that has been completed so far.
10. Blue Baby Cardigan - I love this little baby jacket and have knit it twice before for cousin's babies, but will need to finish the front and sleeves so I can pop it into the gift basket.
11. Twist - I love this pattern and Bonne Marie is so clever with the garments that she designs. I have knit a little bit of the back and will try and knit some more on it after I have finished a few others.
12. Cobblestone sweater - This is nearly halfway and I havent photographed it yet either. I really need to get back to it instead of having it sit in the bag waiting for me to pay attention to it.
13. Midwest Moonlight Scarf - Another winter knit which is still not finished yet. It is halfway done so I really should finish this one too. I had to keep repeating the last repeat when I was doing it as I kept making silly mistakes, so after I had fixed them I put it in a bag to marinate for a while until I was ready to start it again. It really is a lovely pattern so when I have some quiet time I will try and finish it.
Well that is the list so far of WIP's and I should try and finish some of them off soon. I know there is more sitting there waiting to be finished too but I dont want to feel too guilty, this list is bad enough. How many WIP's do you have waiting to be finished!
Oh and tomorrow I should be able to knit some more as BOTH children will be back at school tomorrow, so hooray for me. I did most of my ironing yesterday so that is off the to do list. Isabelle and I also got a long awaited haircut. Isabelle's hair kept getting knotty and driving me crazy trying to brush it, so now it has a good 2 inches snipped off the back and looks much neater too. I would have preferred it in a bob but she would have been upset if we cut that much off it. I also got quite a bit cut off mine. I was a bit annoyed last time as my hairdresser decided to leave it a bit longer, but my hair grows like a weed so 3 weeks later it was looking quite terrible. I dont think she will leave it like that again as I told her I wasnt happy last time with the extra length. Now it is nice and short and very manageable. Just what I need when having to run around after the kids. Now I am off to serve homemade lasagna for dinner which I whipped up yesterday afternoon so I didnt have to cook tonight!