Thursday, June 19, 2008

Front Door/Back Door Meme

Hello, I am back. Did anyone miss me. I have been knitting like a crazy woman this past week so soon I should have 3 new projects to show you, once I do the seaming part that is.
Rebecca tagged me for the front door/back door meme. I loved reading about her little house in the country and seeing her photos too so here are mine, although nothing as exciting!
First up the front door. This door is always having some child walk in and out, either to grab a cat to bring in or to go outside and play. I must have taken this photo on a Wednesday as I see the softdrink crate is sitting there waiting to be picked up. The shoe rack Paul made years ago for us, and is always filled with shoes. I am sure half of them never get worn, especially the ones on the lower shelf where the spiders like to hide and the cats like to sleep in.




This is from the inside of the front door. You can see our green garden and the cream picket fence too. There is a little park at the end of the street which you cant see in the photo, but Isabelle loves the monkey bars there. It was actually a nice sunny day when I took these, and today is gray and waiting for some more rain.
Next photo is the back door (which I dont really like). I hate glass doors as the back door. Nothing outside apart from the clothesline, which you can see had clothes on it, the green shed behind and the poor neglected vegie garden which really needs some attention soon.
The light blue curtain is one from the reject shop that I bought years ago. Do you see the small hole on one side, that is where Isabelle needed some fabric for a picture she was doing and decided to cut a bit out. I didnt notice until the next day and thought the cats had done something to it, but then on closer inspection noticed she had cut out a little square. Until I get some timber blinds to go in here the curtain is staying there. Nobody really goes into the laundry anyway. There is always lots of ironing to do so the baskets are always full and waiting. Speaking of which I really need to do some today as the piles are getting bigger, and if I do an hour or so then it will be reduced until the next load gets piled up again. Oh well!
Now whose front door/back door would I like to see. I think I have to pick 3 people so here goes -
Tiennie, Rhonda and Karin.




Thank you all so much for the kind and wonderful words for my SIL. I appreciated them all so much and will pass on your good wishes to her when I get to see her. Isabelle now has a sore throat so perhaps another week will go by, so frustrating but cannot be helped. We have not heard anything else so far as they are still running tests. She did go into hospital for a small procedure on Monday so hopefully she is in less pain than what she was in beforehand. I am thinking that perhaps a koolhaas hat might be nice for her to wear and stylish at the same time! Happy knitting and I hope to post some FO's over the weekend.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love all the sun you're getting. Cute meme!

Oiyi said...

I hope everyone in your family recovers quickly.

www.oiyi.blogspot.com

picperfic said...

what a gorgeous front door! I love the moulding. The view out is just as adorable. Glad I'm not the only one with an ever growing ironing pile. Your story about the square cut out of the curtain brought back a memeory. When my daughter was about 7, (she's now 33)I made some curtains for her bedroom and I proudly told some friends that I had put a shilling in each corner instead of the lead weights usually used. They were cheaper than the weights. Anyway, you can guess what happened next? My daughter thought is would be a good idea to remove the coins and go and get some sweets so those curtains always hung with cut bits in each corner! I can laugh now but at the time I was so sad...

Denise said...

I love that moulding over your front door - very pretty.
I can't remember the last time I had to iron (I hate that chore) I hang stuff up as soon as it comes out of the dryer to avoid it at all costs!
:)

Sandra said...

interesting meme! since living in attic - no back door for me!

Laura said...

Sue,

love the idea of a front door meme so I will post mine shortly and pass on the idea! Thanks for the comments on my superman jumper. I was a bit disappointed in the cross-stitch, I should have knitted the pattern into the jumper but I was a bit scared to try as I have never knitted patterned things before, but I think in the end it would have been easier than the cross-stitch which was pretty laborious.

Ironing pile? What's that?! I only iron when we need to wear something ironed which is so rarely these days as a SAHM and my hubby (also Paul) is working from home these days too. Another plus for the work from home people...

:)