Sunday, May 3, 2009

2009 - FO No. 14

I have been a little busy doing my pruning today but thought I would pop into show you the nice little pattern book I discovered at my LYS. It is called Little Kisses which has some cute little patterns in it. Some of them remind me of the sublime patterns as the one on the front cover does. The Little Kisses Sirdar yarn is very pretty too but I havent purchased any. I thought I would use up some Sirdar Snuggly I have hiding in the stash instead. The patterns go up to a size 6 years but I can knit it a bit longer for Isabelle, otherwise my little goddaughter Miss C will be getting some new handknits for Christmas.




I also finished knitting up this little hat. I found it on another blog where she was knitting the pattern and I couldnt resist trying it myself. It is called the Beehive Beanie and this lady designed it. I think it is wonderful and can see a few more of these as presents in the future.
Started: End of April and finished same day.
Yarn: Green with flecks Holiday yarn from stash, 1.5 balls
Size: 12-24 months.
It looks much nicer in person but for some reason this photo came out quite dark and dull. It is actually a lovely green. Now I am off to do some more wonderful knitting!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

That little beehive hat is just gorgeous!!

I have some of that holiday..I have made baby pants and matching earflap hat with it. (and yes its a bugger to take pics of that does it justice).

That little book looks gorgeous!

Charity said...

The beehive is so cute! :o)

Rhonda said...

I just picked up that same book 2 weeks ago, and I'm doing the one on the cover for our little one. I just have to find the time now.

Oiyi said...

Very cute baby hat. I made a similar beehive hat a while ago and it no longer fit my little one. Perhaps I need to make another one soon.

Michelle said...

oh, it looks gorgeous! xx

amanda j said...

What a cute little hat! And that book looks lovely.

Lynne said...

I can see why it's call Beehive! It reminds me of a china honeypot my mum used to have!!

tiennie said...

What a cute beehive hat! I bet it's a great book!

Annie said...

I may have to get Little Kisses. That cover is too adorable.
What a fun hat too!

Austysmum said...

Thanks for the tip on the pattern book - I'll have to look out for that one - love a book that goes from birth to 6 and they look so sweet for my baby girl.