Monday, August 30, 2010

2010 - FO No. 24

Basic socks for Isabelle

Pile of WIP to be sewn up!
Another pair of socks for my 12 pairs for the year.  I have now done 6 which leaves me about 2 behind, nearly 3 doesnt it!  These are just a basic pair for Isabelle.  The yarn is from Spotlight and she chose the color some time ago now.  I only had half a foot to finish off and thought last week that I really should get them finished so she can at least wear them a little bit before the hot summer arrives.  I have also been knitting quite a bit lately.  The bottom cardigan in the photo needs buttons, the second one needs seaming and the top one needs seaming and buttons!  I am sure the first week of September will be all about UFO's.

Thank you to everyone who left a wonderful comment for me about Isabelle's broken arm.  She is getting better, not wearing the sling at all now and I am hoping that isnt a bad thing.  We have another trip to the hospital on Thursday for a check up and then I am hoping I can take her to the local doctor to have it removed in a few weeks time just before the weather warms up.  She has gone back to school and is relishing the fact that her friends are being so nice looking after her, lol! 

I must say I been super organised today, doing all the ironing, and even had time today to pop off to the gym this morning for some much needed exercise which was quite refreshing.  Let's hope the rest of the week goes just as well as it will leave me time to knit at night after dinner!

11 comments:

2paw said...

I hope you have a lovely week too. I am glad Isabelle's arm is going along nicely. What lovely socks!!

Anonymous said...

so glad isabelle is getting some mileage out of the arm! and stop, youre making me dizzy with all the FOs!!

Thimbleanna said...

Wow -- a pair of socks a month -- you're a machine! I'm lucky to get a pair done a year LOL!

Laura said...

The socks look great! Glad Isabelle is on the mend. What a bummer for a kid. But it sounds like she found a silver lining in it.

Sandra said...

Damn, now you reminded me of ironing I was behind of! Damn again!

I thing that sock yarn would be great for a scarf since those stripes are way too cute!

Michele Saunders said...

The socks are so cute! Six pairs of socks is pretty good - a lot better than my one pair of unfinished socks that I started in January.

Glad to hear Isabelle is doing better.

Jan said...

I'm glad Isabelle's arm is getting better. I was wondering about it.

Love the socks.

Oiyi said...

Beautiful stiped socks! I hope Isabelle has a speedy recovery.

Sue H said...

Glad to hear that Isabelle is improving. Children are so resilient, and their bones mend quickly, so she should be back to her normal activities within a few weeks.
Keep working on those socks Sue, you'll make it.

Ally Jay said...

I'd say it was pretty good to only be a pair or two behind. Great work. And we all have a pile of UFOs lurking somewhere.

Ann said...

Pretty pair of socks. Looking forward to seeing all your FOs.