Thursday, October 20, 2011

2011 - FO 37 & 38


I nearly forgot to post today so I just remembered now.  These two little cardigans are for my nephews who turned 1 last week.  I will be posting these off tomorrow.  The green one is for Lucas and the blue one is for Jai.  They are the 12 - 18 month size so should be perfect for autumn next year.
Pattern:  Jake Hoodie (Rowan book) without the hood
Yarn:  Heirloom Dazzle, khaki green, tan, denim blue and navy blue
Needle Size:  4mm and 3.5mm needles
They are listed on my project page on ravelry too (snooks) if you are interested.

I decided not to knit the hoodies as I thought it would be faster to knit them without them.  I just made up my own collars for them and I think they turned out rather cute.  Hopefully I will get some future photos with them wearing them.

I went to knitting group tonight - just a few of us which was nice.  I have to say though that the hot weather today made it a bit stuffy.  I got Isabelle a new library card all of her very own.  The worst thing though was when they asked for my driver's licence and I COULD NOT FIND IT in my purse.  I have no idea where it has gone or what may have happened to it.  I have had it for over 20 years and never misplaced it so tomorrow morning will be spent at Vic Roads getting a replacement one.  After that I will be coming home and getting everything ready for the open house.

Tomorrow I will post the next FO!

6 comments:

Thimbleanna said...

So, so cute Sue! I hope to be good enough at knitting someday that I can just make up my own collars! Great job!!!

Anonymous said...

Super cute.
You did a fantastic job with the collars.
The boys will look adorable in their new hand knits.

Aussie Maria said...

Super cute

Michele Saunders said...

So cute Sue! I like how they are the same pattern in different colors. I am sure your nephews will look super handsome in them. They are lucky little boys!

2paw said...

Oh no, I lost my Library card and thought that was bad enough. We have to carry our licences all the time when we are driving. I keep mine in my car key thing.
The cardigans are very cute and I think I like them without hoods.

Lynne said...

Wow! Here in NSW, experienced drivers have to renew their licences every five years (at quite cost, I might add)!