Monday, November 26, 2012

Etsy Yarn Shopping


Hi there, how are you.  Sorry I havent been posting much as I have been busy lately, and sick with some horrible coughing thing that keeps me awake at night.  I have to say that I forgot how tired you feel and how much your ribs ache after a coughing attack but I seem to be getting better now.  I have been doing lots of knitting and finishing, but I thought I would show you some yarny lovelies that I purchased on etsy a while ago and which arrived today!

First up above is the beautiful gorgeous yarn from Mayhem and Chaos.  It is an etsy shop located in Bendigo, Victoria, Australia so local yarn is very nice.  The colors are pretty accurate and so saturated and pretty.  Tara's prices are very reasonable too if you are after some yarn.

The blue is called Heaven Coming Down (100% superwash merino, 411 metres) sock yarn.
The orange was a gift and is called Solid Rock (58% merino 42% silk, 230 metres, singly ply DK).
The pink is called Pretty Vacant (100% superwash merino, 411 metres) sock yarn.

I think the 2 sock yarns are destined to be patterns from the book Socks from the Toe Up which I have never knit before so it should be fun.

Now onto the next order which is from yarn vs. zombies.  Kiki does some really amazing sock yarn which stripes in different ways.

First up is the Vampire base sock yarn which is called Sheldon, Leonard, Raj & Howard.  It is 4 different colors and stripes in rows of 4 I think.  It even has sparkle in it so I am very excited.

Secondly is the Vampire base again, and yes sparkles again too.  It is called Party Elephant and has 4 different stripes.  Ooh so gorgeous (and Isabelle was taking a liking to this one).

Thirdly is the Haunted base and it is called Monster Movie Night.  It has 6 different stripes in it.

The Vampire base has 75% superwash merino, 20% nylon and 5% sparkle so they should make good lasting socks.  The Haunted base has 80% superwash merino and 20% nylon.  Kiki is local to Melbourne too so it is nice to support etsy shops.  I did a custom order with Kiki as sometimes she is super busy with her shop and sells out quickly.  I think I shall be knitting lots of socks over christmas and the January holidays which should be lots of fun.

I am also currently knitting socks for Isabelle out of some Gnome Acres sock yarn in the Candy Cane colorway for a KAL.  They are turning out quite cute and the yarn is very smooth and nice to knit with.  I do hope I finish them in time as I am also trying to knit another cabled sweater for my other nephew who is 2, and we will be seeing them very soon in December so I am quite excited.  We also get to meet their little brother who was born in August and I cannot wait to have a cuddle.

I think I have talked long enough and shall pop soon hopefully with my finished knits!

6 comments:

2paw said...

What gorgeous wool, the colours of the Big bang Theory wool is fabulous. I am sorry you haven't been well, I hope you are feeling much better now!!
I know Isabelle will love Candy cane socks!!

Lynne said...

Some pretty yarns for future knitting pleasure! Hope your cough is completely gone very soon!

karen said...

Lovely yarn stash you have there! I hope you feel better soon!!

Thimbleanna said...

Wow -- beautiful yarns. It looks like you have some fun projects ahead of you -- Happy Knitting!

Anonymous said...

I'm feeling quite jealous of all your lovely purchases!

Ann said...

Lovely colors. Hope you are feeling better. Take care.