Sunday, April 23, 2006

FUTURE PROJECTS


Well since the power went off for an hour, I decided to take some photos of the knits that I really like and wish I could make someday. First up we have Pearly from Rowan 37. I have never knit with beads before, but seeing some people use them in their knits looks quite nice, so I hope it wont be too hard.



Next up, we have Pearl, wow two projects with nearly the same name. This was designed by Kim Hargreaves from Rowan No. 32. I love this jacket. It looks so nice, and I love cables so it would be a great knit. The Kim Hargreaves site always has beautiful items to knit. One day if I win tattslotto, a few of her kits will be ordered, but I can only dream of them at the moment.



Thirdly, we have the Houndstooth Jacket from Classic Knits for Real Women. I don't know if I would use the same colors, but it is really nice. I love the professional look of this. Would be good to wear over black shirts and a nice camisole.









The next item is the Cable Yoke Jacket, also from Classic Knits for Real Women. I absolutely love this cardigan, but maybe without the fringe. I think it uses about 27 balls of Rowan Denim, so it would be expensive to knit. Anyone know of a good substitute for this yarn that they have used in the past.






And lastly one of my favourite cardigans is Uptown from Jo Sharp's book Village Knits. I love this cardigan. This one may be the next possible knit when my other ones are finished, so definately a few months away. Next up I will have to start looking at good sock patterns to knit up. Well hope everyone has a good day, and I will post tomorrow.

No comments: