Thursday, April 27, 2006
I have been thinking of knitting some socks for Isabelle lately, with some pink sock yarn that I purchased at Sunspun last year, in Canterbury. Beautiful shop. I could not get over their jumpers and cardigans that they had on display. Anyway, I have not yet found a pattern for her socks yet, but a big thankyou to Gillian who directed me with a link that I will check out later today. This first picture is the first pair of socks that I ever knit last year. I had never knitted socks before so using 4 dpns was a bit of a handful. They turned out to be a perfect fit thankfully. This is a sock yarn made in Germany, but I cannot remember the name, and no longer have the label. They took me 5 days to knit.
Next up is a cotton pair of socks that I knit up after I had purchased the cotton yarn from the Bendigo Wool Show last July, from Sockmonster. I will try to find her website again and list it here. She had many types of cotton sock yarn, which is quite nice on your feet. The colors were a bit more masculine knit up than I really wanted, but I still wear them. I ribbed them from the top and along the front.
These are the first pair of socks that I knit for Paul using Patonyle sock yarn. I have also used this yarn for socks that I knit for my mum and my sister too, but in different colors. I think these took 3 days to knit up. I also knit him a grey pair with ribbing throughout, but did not photograph them. He still wants another pair of socks, so I guess that I will have to find some other colors for him. I am going for a walk down to the wool shop today to buy my mum some sock yarn for Mother's Day which is on the 14th of May, so she will get a nice surprise. She actually enjoyed knitting herself some socks last year.
Next up is the back of the baby jacket which I started and completed on Tuesday. I photographed it outside underneath the verandah in the hope that the colors would show up better. They sort of did, but a bit brighter I think. I have cast on and knit up a few rows of the left front, but got bored and decided to finish the back of the Tea for Two sweater. I have now done some of the front of that too.
This is where I am up to on the Rae jacket. The color looks nicer in this photo. I am just past the armholes. Lately I have been getting bored with projects I have been doing, so that's why I have so many. I try to get interested in another project that's already on the needles so that I make some progress. This usually results in finishing some projects quite close together, which is a good thing. Makes room for new projects. Well bye for now, and I will show you the sock yarn that I buy for my mum, and maybe buy some for Paul too.