Friday, July 14, 2006

Books, books, books

That is what has arrived in the mail today. It seems that a few of my new books decided to come on the same day, which will make for a good weekend of reading.

I ordered Hats, Gloves and Scarves by Louisa Harding, which has some very nice patterns in it. I think I will be using this book a bit as I do want to eventually knit some gloves, and the hat and scarve patterns in this book look like they are not very complicated, but still look great. I also received my Vintage Knits book, and yes I know that a lot of people already have it, but I have waited on getting it for so long but finally decided to buy it. I do like a few of the patterns in it and hopefully will start one later on in the year. I also got Inspired Cable Knits by Fiona Ellis. Now I absolutely love cable knitting and used to knit quite a few adult jumpers with a lot of cables in them. Some I have given away, and some sit in Paul's wardrobe. I can't complain because he actually does wear them when it gets cold, which is a good thing. No use knitting them jumpers and they just sit there is it. Well this book looks just as good as I thought it would be. I am definately going to have to lengthen the things I want to knit just by looking through this book. It is very nicely presented and the patterns are just so nice. I will have to take some photos of my favourites and post them up later on.

Now onto actual knitting, I am still trying to finish the baby hoodie which has just one sleeve left to knit, so if I get my act together then I may finish it tonight, and be able to post it tomorrow afternoon. I should get time today because Isabelle has had two friends over to play today, so I am hoping she will tire herself out early tonight and I will have some alone time. Don't get too much of that when a 4 yr old need entertaining. Oh and by the way Gillian sold one of my baby hats yesterday. How exciting! Well I better go and get that second sleeve done so I can finish something else up afterwards. Hope you all have a lovely weekend!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck with the baby sleeve!
I asume it is the Vintage knits by Sarah Dallas? Be careful and compare the pattern carefully with your own measurements. I have had some problems with especially the lenght of the sweaters. But it is an extremly beautiful book.

Gillian said...

I'm sitting here listening to the wonderful rain. It hardly ever rains in the Marsh because we are surrounded by hills. I'll post a pic of the lovely bag some time this weekend, Cheers Gillian

Anonymous said...

I LOVE cables! One of my fave childs jumpers is a cable and ribbed one. I have another one I want to make its in larger sizes its a cable and ribbed one aswell (but looks different.).

Hope you got the baby cardi finished. I have so many things I want to finish I dont know where to start! lol

Katt