Tuesday, September 5, 2006

Steve Irwin R.I.P.

I just cannot believe that Steve Irwin, the Crocodile Hunter has been killed by a stingray. I was so shocked to read that on the internet yesterday, and then last night all the news programs had stories on him. I feel so sorry for his wife Terry, and his kids Bindi and Bob. They were in Tasmania hiking up on Cradle Mountain, and had to be flown back. They will be devastated, as I am sure that most of Australia is at the moment. He was such a great inspiration about the wildlife and the environment. Such a great ambassador for Australia too. Lachlan was very shocked when I told him as he used to watch his shows and his movie, and we used to sit down together and see what he was up to next on the tv. I just hope that his Australia Zoo keeps running and encourages the next generation to do so much more towards preserving the wildlife and environment. My thoughts are with his family today and how awful and sad it must be to lose such an inspiring man.

2 comments:

Samantha said...

I feel terribly for his wife and children. I'm glad for him that he died doing something that he loved doing, but still heartbroken for his loved ones. :(

Anonymous said...

We were also shocked to hear about his death. He seemed almost invinceable. My heart goes out to his wife and kids.