Friday, February 2, 2007

First Day of School


Isabelle loved her first day of Prep yesterday. She even made a new friend but does not know her name, so maybe today she will find out who she is. She has half days until the 24th of February, then it is until 3:30. I have not gotten used to her being away for so long, as kindergarten was only 12 hours a week, and I had her at home with me for the rest of the time. I think I need to adjust to her being at school too due to the loneliness of yesterday. I am sure with time I will get used to it again. Lachlan's day was good, and that was all I got out of him. I checked his timetable, and it seems Textiles is the main class for him this year, apart from English and Maths. No art or graphics this time around. I wonder if he will need to use my sewing machine! Hmmm, could be interesting. Well I am off to do some housework before picking Isabelle up from school, and then I can relax and do some knitting.

9 comments:

Noey D. said...

Isabelle is such a cutie! Happy to hear her first day went well. Don't you love that they can make friends and not even know they're name?

Samantha said...

I'm glad they both had good days. :)

Anonymous said...

She looks very sweet! Excuse my ignorance but why is this the first day? Does your school year run during different months? We are Sept-June.

Anonymous said...

yOU REALLY HAVE ADORABLE LITTLE GIRL!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad your children had a smooth first day back at school! I'm sure the adjustment will feel strange at first, but then you will fall into a happy routine, and it looks like you have lots of projects to look forward to from the Cables Untangled book!

Sue H said...

You will soon start to really enjoy your "ME" time, and will find you are able to get lots done in that time. You will also appreciate your time with the children so much more too. Enjoy these years.

PlumStitches said...

How sweet that Isabelle met a new friend! They grow so fast.

m. said...

Hey Sue! Yep, it's the same pattern from knitty. I really like the 'grown-up' colors too. :)

monica said...

She is so cute. I remember those days of adjustment. The house was so quiet I could hardly stand it. I did however get used to it and even really enjoy the quiet time now. I am rested up for when they get home from school and ready to enjoy them.