Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Jethro Jacket Progress

This is the progress of the Jethro Jacket so far. Do you know the only problem I had with the pattern so far was the last row of the band with the increases. I could not work out how to do them the way the pattern said and get the correct amount of stitches. After ripping the row out for about the 4th time I sat down and finally got it right. So on the left is the progress of about 3 hours knitting, or maybe less. The cabled pattern is sooo easy, so if you are thinking of knitting it up go right ahead. It only has 12 rows to the pattern, and I can memorise most of the pattern already. Let's hope that this knits up nice and quickly too.
Now onto another knitted item which I finished knitting last week which is a washcloth. I wont be using it on any dirty dishes, just dirty humans in the shower. This is made out of the cotton that Karyn sent me for Christmas. I love the colors, and it knits up quite quickly too. I have not used the other color yet, but next month I will knit that one up too. I did not use a pattern, just cast on 40 stitches and knit up what I wanted to. I think it turned out quite nice, and hopefully it will wash well too. Well that is all for today, off to do some housework whilst the kids are at school, and then to do more knitting!

9 comments:

Noey D. said...

Your washcloth turned out nice. I like your stitch pattern.

Corrie said...

i must make a few more dishcloths too! I went a bit crazy with the cotton wool before christmas and of course its still there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

can't wait till new jo sharp is out! thanks for the heads up! I'll be waiting............

Anonymous said...

I think all the work was worth it - it's beautiful!

The washcloth is very nice too.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to hear that the Jethro pattern is easy to remember; I was a bit put off by the written instructions. It's looking really good so far-you're so quick knitting that!

Anonymous said...

Jethro looks great. Most cable pattern are good to memorize. By the time you have done one more repeat, you will remember it.

I love your washcloth. Tell us if using it feels as good as knitting it.

PlumStitches said...

The Jethro is gorgeous!

Kate said...

Great Jethro - love the texture of the cables.

Unknown said...

The dish cloth looks lovely, such pretty shades of blue. Gosh, Jethro looks very complicated, I am very impressed that you can memorise so much of the pattern, I have awful trouble memorising patterns. I think I have it and then 6 inches later realise I am wrong and have to rip.

Thank you for your lovely comment on my finished Kelly cardigan, it was such an easy, quick knit, perfect TV knitting in fact.

Anonymous said...

Is that washcloth done in Sugar'n'Cream? I have some of that. Made my mother a dishcloth that I plan on giving her next time I see her. And I want to make more for some friends.

Jethro is looking great!

Now Blogger is letting me comment on blogs I have a lot of catching up to do.

Katt