Friday, March 20, 2009

2009 - FO's No. 9 and 10

Thank you all so much for your wonderful lovely comments about Isabelle's cardigan. I still havent gotten a photo as yet and it is a bit too warm to wear it at the moment. I have been very busy making phone calls during the day trying to get legal things organised, and to sort out selling the house so I apologise if I havent replied to your comments, but time is precious at the moment. When I do have a few moments spare it is usually at night time and I cant be bothered sitting on the computer at all as I am tired out.
Anyway, after all that I finished up the snowball scarves that I was talking about. The purple one is for Isabelle and as luck would have it, turned out the longest. The middle one is mine and turned out the shortest so I will need to gift this to someone else. The green one is for my sister and turned out so nicely. I am giving it to her tonight. The snowball yarn was so easy to knit with once I figured out how to knit with it from their video. It is called Snowball yarn or is it Snowflake, one of those, and it is from Lincraft. A ball costs $4.99 and makes up one scarf, though I suggest if you are using the tri-colored one to knit it on larger needles and possibly buy 2 balls for a longer length. I used 4.5mm for the purple and green ones, but the label does suggest 4mm.

I also finished up my squares, although I didnt knit 6, only 5. I am about to go to the post office to send them after I pick the kids up from school. This weekend will be spent tidying up a few things around here and cleaning the backyard fence as it is colorbond and Jake the kelpie loves to use it to balance his balls when he plays, so it is now covered in baked on mud. Cream isnt a great color for the backyard unfortunately but we do have to tidy up everything out there so it is presentable. My friend's dad is getting some packing boxes for me next week so I can store some things at my sister's and make the place look a bit bigger in some places, namely the kids rooms and my storage of yarn. Luckily those are mostly already packed in plastic containers so it wont be too bad. Hope you all have a fantastic wonderful weekend.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

those are so cool! I haven't seen anything like them before. great job!

Ann said...

The scarfs look gorgeous. I have not seen this yarn before & Lincraft had closed all their stores in Perth. Good luck on your packing this weekend.

Sandra said...

For the first time I heard about snowball yarn - ofcourse living in country with limited choise of yarn - nothing surprise!

Jodie said...

all of the knitting Sue!!! The scarves look great, what clever yarn... The cardi from your last post is amazing!!! You're just so clever when it comes to your knitting... So sorry to hear the latest news on the house front but like you said at least it's a means to an end... You're in my thoughts constantly....

Take Care
Jodie :)

Anonymous said...

Ah, so that's what you do with that yarn. I've looked at it in the store and couldn't think what I could do with it. I will reconsider it now!

Zoe said...

the scarves look fabulous. I have tried using snowball yarn and I watched the Lincraft video but it is just too lose. At the store the swatch is really nice and firm and even. Got any tips about what I must be doing wrong?

Anonymous said...

Brisbane lincraft has a large variety of snowball and you can also order online at www.lincraft.com.au