Thursday, October 8, 2009

Day 8 .....


the rice pudding turned out nicely. I found a recipe online which was quick and simple, although next time I will let the rice drain a bit more before I add it to the mix. Isabelle helped put all the ingredients together. We only used cinnamon, no nutmeg as I didnt have any in the cupboard but I am sure we will make it again, perhaps even trying another recipe. Another blogger is going to post her recipe for me too so when she does I will let you know on here.
I got nearly everything done on my to do list. Just not the ironing as I was a bit worn out last night. Isabelle was in a mood last night and was hungry but hadnt eaten all her dinner so of course a big argument erupted with Paul telling her off and her running off to bed crying. She didnt understand that if she didnt eat all dinner she couldnt go and have more afterwards. She came up with the reasoning that she wasnt all that hungry then but was now. I know that she just likes to pick after dinner but decided from now on that it was going to happen anymore. I think she uses it as an excuse not to go to sleep. She ended up going to bed and falling asleep and didnt bother about anymore food thank goodness but it did make me feel bad. It put me in a blue mood though for the rest of the evening. The finance situation seems to raise its ugly head every now and again when money gets really tight. We are still trying to maintain the enormous mortgage payments each month and some months (this one included is a bad one) so more forms need to be filled out which should have been sent out in March when it all started really but this mortgage company is just a big joke. They send us letters with someone else's names on it, enclose other people's statements who are behind on payments the same as we are but their interest rate is half ours. Paul and I wonder if the person handling our file sent it on purpose for a reason. The other stuff is still going on too with the Credit Ombudsman so it is dragging its feet and affecting us all. Somedays I could just sit here and cry but I decide to pull myself together nd read your daily adventures and craftiness too which helps me a lot to feel better. I think today I better go and pull some weeds out of the vegie patch so as to cheer myself up. As one of my close friends says - you must talk and air your feelings to your friends as they are there to help you deal with it in an emotional way and not make you feel alone. I have to say that my blogging friends do this in their own little way with their posts, so thank you. I dont want any of you to think I am whinging (well maybe I am) but I just wanted to air my feelings!

11 comments:

Oiyi said...

Rice pudding sounds really good for the Autumn weather that has been settling in. I admire you for always staying so positive.

Kate said...

Hugs Sue- here is to a better day.

Tania said...

Yep. it can be a cathartic sort of thing the ol' blogging. Hope things start to sort themselves out for you super soon. In the meantime, I'm just a bit jealous at the look of your rice pud!

Beck said...

I guess we all have things we are dealing with so I'm sure everyone understands. It's just hard sometimes isn't it? I hope your financial worries settle soon and that there is good news just around the corner. Hang in there Sue, it will surely get better. Issues with kids can be draining too, especially when we really just want the best for them. Hope tomorrow is a happier day xo

Anonymous said...

i am understanding the financial problems at the moment. i can only imagine how hard it would be with a huge mortgage included.

Kate said...

Oh Sue, I hope you feel better and pulled out lots of weeds so your garden looks beautiful. Children and food and money ahhhhh

Ann said...

That's what friends are for - all we need is someone to listen.

Sandra said...

Great advice from your friend - airing your feelings!
Must say I admire the way your are coping with everything!

Corrie said...

I'm a big believer in sharing, maybe I share too much but it helps me knowing other people know about it and just getting it off my chest! Hope you can get somethings sorted out with the finance company, they honestly are vultures (I say this having worked in banks and securitisation all my life so I know how these finance companies operate...no morals!)

on to sweeter things, I love rice pudding and use an AWW recipe which is always a hit...I normally try to make things low fat but this recipe insisted I use full fat!

Corrie:)

Renee said...

Financial stress is nasty. We're plagued by it too. Makes for sleepless nights and too much worry.
Hope your months get better and better. Sounds to me like the supervisor of the ins. company or head office needs to be notified about the misdirected statements. Sounds like someone needs a good thrashing at their job to learn some respect. I'd be livid if that was sent to us.
Here's to better time for all of us! Hugs and best wishes, Renee

Lynne said...

Hope the weed pulling helped! Exercise is a great tonic for the blues!