Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Monty & Pearl!

Pattern:  Monty & Pearl by Jodie Carlton of Ric Rac
Fabric:  Winterwood
Felt:       Drapers of Mount Macedon

These little hedgehogs are just so darn cute and very tiny!  I couldnt believe how small they actually were but they turned out rather cute I think.  Jodie is so fantastic at her toy designs that it makes them easy to follow.  Mum and I went to Gisborne last weekend and visited The Drapers of Mount Macedon store which had lots of Jodie's toy creations around the store.  They also had some from Melly and Me too so it was great to see them made up.  If you ever in the Gisborne area in the main street make sure you pop into visit the shop, and their range of fabrics are beautiful too.  I think the next project may be the kinder kids or the elephant, not quite sure as yet.  I did have to purchase the fur online though as Winterwood were the only ones that seem to sell it and it didnt take long to arrive.  A perfect project for a gray and dreary day!

15 comments:

2paw said...

OMGCB are they not the cutest things ever?????

At Home Mommy Knits said...

They are adorable!!

Cybèle said...

Have you seen these Sue? http://ysolda.com/store/toys/smith/ I love that one too - yours are supercute!

Thimbleanna said...

Eeeek! Those are super cute! I love Jodie's patterns too!

Laura said...

sooo cute. I love hedgehogs, maybe because we don't ever see them here in the states.

Oiyi said...

Omg, these two are so adorable!

Amanda said...

Love them - sooo cute!

Sandra said...

more than cute!

littlewoollie said...

They are really cute! We have been making a few softies in my house too. The kids are really enjoying creating their own little critters. Have a great day!

dillpickle said...

They're adorable! Happy belated birthday (playing some bloggy catch up today!), and I love your green bag :-)

I hope the holidays are panning out well and the earache is well and truly on it's way out!

Emma said...

Ack! So cute!

Jodie said...

they look great. yes the drapers is one of my favourite shops - and they are so super friendly too...

Annie said...

Very very cute - Jodie is the Toy Queen, don't you think?

Levin said...

they are too cute!
l
x

Yarny Days said...

Cute all the way!