Tuesday, April 26, 2011

2011 - Item 13


Pattern:  Playful Stripes Cardigan by Alana Dakos of Never Not Knitting
Size:      12 months
Yarn:     Dazzle acrylic - white, light green, light blue, brown, pink

Alana designs some really beautiful patterns for children (and adults).  I have had this one in my queue for quite a while now and thought it would be perfect for my cousin's 5 month old daughter Indi.  My auntie has been down for a week to visit us so she will give it to her when she returns home.  I love the colors in this one and have started another one in a bigger size for my god-daughter in different colors.  It was such a quick knit that I think I finished this one in a week.  I managed to finish off 5 projects this week and some still need photos so maybe it will be a week of FO's.

I have also started a Cassidy for myself, and I am hoping there is enough yarn.  I am using Jo Sharp DK which has been in my stash for oh about 13 years now.  It is a gorgeous green so I am hoping it goes a long way, otherwise I will have to knit it into something else for someone smaller!

Tomorrow Isabelle is off to school so it will be a bit quieter during the day.  Lachlan starts his new course next week so I will have a few hours to myself on some days when I am not working.  It seems like this is going to be a busy term with everyone doing different things which is good.  Back to the routine which always takes a bit of getting used to. 

Happy crafting!!

12 comments:

Thimbleanna said...

Another adorable sweater Sue! I love the stripes around the neck -- so pretty!

Unknown said...

Lovely! The colors are just perfect. Great job :)

Arty Lady's blog said...

Very pretty indeed Sue xx

Ann said...

Gorgeous. I love the stripey yoke.

Miss Prudence said...

I can just see a bonnie baby in this!

Chars said...

very cute and pretty

Michele Saunders said...

I absolutely love this little sweater! Very pretty Sue. I can't wait to see your other FOs.

Aussie Maria said...

Such a pretty little cardi

Anonymous said...

I have always loved this sweater. Beautiful work!

Oiyi said...

I have always loved this sweater. Beautiful work!

Lynne said...

What a cute cardigan.

Christina Lowry said...

Oh my! It's all sorts of adorable! What a lovely mix of colours.

And let me just say, if I saw this in my size I would have to buy it, though I'm sure it would look much sweeter on a one year old than it would on myself, I would take the chance. :)