Sunday, September 18, 2011

2011 - 33 & 34

Child's First Sock by Nancy Bush
 Hello people!  I have finally had some time to sit down and take some photos.  Yes I have managed to have a day off when the weather is still sunny and bright.  First up are Isabelle's Child's First Socks which I had originally knit quite a while ago in red.  Well the second sock never got started apart from the cuff, and by the time I had pulled them out again Isabelle could not even get them on her feet because she had grown so much.  Much to my dismay there was a rather large hole near the ankle of the foot which looked as though it had caught on something so sadly they were put into the rubbish bin.  I found some lovely lilac yarn to knit the next pair for Isabelle.  These didnt take as long the second time around probably because I could read my knitting better and know what the pattern was supposed to look like.  I am rather happy with these ones but now the weather is warming up they might not get much wear.  If they dont they will fit my mum as Isabelle now wears a ladies size 8 and she is only 10 years old!!

Needle Size:  3mm dpns
Yarn:  Not quite sure but it might be Kate's from Two Little Banshees (can you confirm Kate) 100gm
Pembroke Vest
Next up is the Pembroke Vest which I knit along with Sheila from Knit 1 Heart Too podcast (which I love and she and Penny are hilarious) for the plurk podcaster's challenge.  I knit this in a size 6 for my nephew who will be turning 6 in October.  I rather liked how it turned out and I used up some old stash yarn in a chocolate brown which knitted up very nicely and shows off the beautiful cables very well.  It only took a couple of days of knitting to complete.

Needle Size: 4.5mm
Yarn:  Homemaker Acrylic from Kmart? 1.5 balls (100gms)

My current test knitting has been put aside because not only has Isabelle's feet grown but everything else as well so the cardigan has to be put aside as well as it too small for her.  I wish parents could decide when their children grow so we know when to purchase bigger clothes or put aside some, lol!  I really loved the pattern but dont have a person who would be able to wear it.  I am still knitting on 2 pairs of socks which are gorgeous and have started my twin nephews jackets.  Stripes but in different colors and thickness which should look great on them.  They will 1 in October and I cant believe it, they have grown so fast by the photos my SIL sends me.  Well I think that is it for now, and hopefully some more finishing will happen soon.

Happy yarning!
Sue

15 comments:

faith76 said...

Lovely socks and Jumper! Happy knitting with the rest of your projects.

2paw said...

Poor you and poor Isabelle, missing out on the socks and having to throw them away. It is terrible. Maybe children could have an Allen Key that you could turn when you wanted them to grow. The lilac socks are very pretty, and the chocolate coloured wool shows up the cables really well.

Kate said...

Love them, I have long admired that pattern, I must try it. It might be mine, I have such a bad memory!!

Oiyi said...

I love those socks! Someday I will tackle that pattern. I really like the color you used.

Lynne said...

That vest is gorgeous. Shame about the red socks!

sandra said...

... that vest pic reminded me that Lola really needs one and that it's high time to cast on!

BTW, that font coloure is killing my eyes!!!!!!

Rose Red said...

A lovely Pembroke! It is a great pattern isn't it! So quick!

Thimbleanna said...

Those twins will be one already? It seems like they were just born. Beautiful knitting as always Ms. Sue!!!

Mr Puffy's Knitting Blog: said...

Those socks are GORGEOUS!!!! Nancy Bush patterns are classics and particularly her socks ~ vest is also lovely!

Christina Lowry said...

Wow! Gorgeous work and such quick knitting. I'm not game enough to attempt socks, so I would have been heart broken to have to throw them out.

:)

Ann said...

Lovely projects. I knitted a pair of socks for my 4 year old nephew & when they were done, they were too tight but they fitted his 2 year old brother. So I had to knit another pair.

Anonymous said...

Lovely socks.
Love the pullover. Looking forward to your next knits.

sandra said...

My eyes say TNX!

Anonymous said...

brinkka2011 says: Wow, superb blog layout! How long have you been blogging for? you make blogging look easy. The overall look of your website is magnificent, as well as the content!

Yarny Days said...

Lovely! I love the vest!