Wednesday, October 23, 2013

The Hitchhiker is finished!

The Hitchhiker is finished.  It turned out beautifully even though I havent blocked it as yet.  I used Solar Flaire Fibre yarns which Fifikins dyes up in Cairns and is a very nice yarn to knit with.  I used the Apollo base yarn this time and I didnt quite reach 42 teeth but it is still a nice size.  This is going to my mum for xmas and I have started another one which hasnt gotten very far as yet.  The pattern is by Martina Behm and you can purchase it on ravelry if you would like to knit it.

Hopefully I can get some more photos up on blog posts by the end of the week.  I have been very busy dealing with 4 little kittens who now know how to climb, especially pants and wanting cuddles which is so adorable but you cant knit whilst cuddling kittens.  We have found a home for one of them so far as they will be ready to go next week.  I think they could be models for those cat calendars as they are so adorable and I am sure that Lucy will miss them too.

3 comments:

Thimbleanna said...

It's beautiful Sue -- I really love the color. Can we have kitty pictures before they all disappear?

2paw said...

Oh so much cuteness from four kittens, but they must run you off your feet!! There is definitely NO chance of knitting with them around. I love the Hitch-hiker, it looks very pretty and your mum will love it!!

Amanda K said...

It looks great! I'm sure your Mum is going to love it :)

And awwww to kitties! I hope you post some photos :) We had four kittens last summer and it was sooo much fun. We kept just the one and she is the most precious thing ever.